11.3 Gbps DFB/FP Laser Driver
Add to Watch List
The GN1153B and GN1153C are low power 11.3 Gbps laser and modulator drivers for optical fiber transceiver applications.
They are suitable to drive Fabry-Perot (FP) and Distributed Feedback (DFB) laser diodes. Both devices offer identical functionality, though the GN1153C is optimized to deliver improved performance at the high bit rates.
Both devices use a single 3.3V supply (optional 5V output stage). The inputs are designed to be AC-coupled, and have internal 100 ohms differential terminations. The output is internally terminated with 25 ohms. External pull-up inductors may be used on the outputs to provide adequate head room, to allow large signal swings from a 3.3V supply.
The devices have control inputs for laser output power, extinction ratio (ER) and output crossing point adjustments. Additional control pins are available to further optimize the output eye.
- Low power laser driveer designed to meet the power requirements of SFP+
- Single 3.3V supply
- Optional 5V output stage supply
- Crossing point control
- Jitter optimization
- Max modulation current: 80 mA-pp (differential drive into 25Ω TOSA)
- Max bias current: 120 mA
- Input: AC coupled CML compatible, differential 100Ω on-chip termination
- Output: 25Ω output termination
- Bias and modulation current control
- Transmitter disable pin
- This DFB/FP laser driver is designed to meet the needs of Xenpak, X2, XFP or SFP+ optical fiber transceiver applications, including:
- 9.95 Gbps OC-192 and 10.7 Gbps OC-192 with Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- 10.3 Gbps Ethernet
- 10.52 Gbps Fiber Channel (FC)
- 11.1 Gbps Ethernet over SONET
- 11.3 Gbps FC with FEC
24 pin QFN
|GN1153CINE3||24 pin QFN|